Wednesday 1 October 2014

Transit at Doha - Hamad International Airport

I arrived at Doha airport with a flight from Johannesburg. I had a two hours layover before my next flight and was a bit nervous that it would not be enough time.

Before going to the transit gates, you have to go through security. The lines were very long but moved quickly. I approached a staff member at the Business class line and told him I had a very short layover. He allowed me to use the business class line.

Sign posted

The way to the transfer gates were very well sign posted in English and Arabic

Laptops

I did not have to take out my laptop from its bag to go through security

Lounges

There are business class lounges but no Priority pass lounges as yet.
Next to my departure gate was a quiet/family lounge. The lights were dimmed and you could lie
comfortably on the seats (reclined). Entry was free of charge

Refreshments

There are enough shops to buy refreshments, magazines etc

Announcements

Boarding announcements were made

Departure Gates

Business class and priority passengers were allowed to enter the gates first.
Ground crew scanned boarding passes at the gate and passengers were then seated in a holding area
Boarding of the plane was done first by business class and priority passengers. Economy class passengers boarded by row, those sitting at the back of the plane boarded first

No comments:

Post a Comment